PAS100:2005 is the BSI Publicly Available Specification for Composted Materials. It is the recognised standard in the UK for compost produced from source segregated materials. The Association for Organics Recycling has adopted BSI PAS100 as the specification that composted materials must meet in order to achieve the independently verified Association for Organics Recycling accreditation and use of the logo.
PAS100 covers the entire composting process, from the raw materials and the production methods through to quality control and lab testing. Sustainagro Limited is an approved laboratory by the Association for Organics Recycling and can carry out the testing requirements of PAS100.
PAS100 Obligatory Tests:
- Potentially toxic elements (Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Lead, Nikcel, Zinc and Mercury)
- Physical contaminants (stones, glass and plastic)
- Particle size distribution
- Plant response (germination and plant growth)
- Weed seeds
- Pathogens (Salmonella and E. coli)
- Stability (microbial respiration)
New service offered: Off site and On site calibration of temperature probes (we can also take any samples requiring testing away with us thus reducing your carriage costs).
Dr Jane Leitch
Mobile: 07545 019405
Click here to contact us by email
66 Pentlan Avenue,